10' Tucktec Folding Kayak
10' Tucktec Folding Kayak
🍁Ships from within Canada🍁
The Tucktec combines the affordability and portability of inflatables, with the durability and performance of a traditional hardshell kayak, giving you the ultimate affordable, portable, hardshell kayak.
The Solid Hard-Shell Tucktec Kayak folds up to be stored anywhere and setups in just a few minutes. No separate storage or roof racks are required.
And with 8 vibrant colours to choose from, you will be paddling in style with these flashy boats!
Built to take a beating
- Rated for 1000's of folds
- Will not crack or puncture
Quick & easy set-up
- No tools required
- Only 6 quick clamps
Performs like a real hard shell kayak
- It's super stable (even for beginners)
- Tracks straight
- Lightweight & maneuverable
Tucktec comes with a retractable fin that lifts ups to launch enhancing the kayak's performance and drops down for stability and tracking.
Each kayak includes one of our folding foam seats. The plastic seat pans add extra support for added comfort while you’re out there paddling! They are designed to easily fold into your Tucktec, making storing and carrying it easy and convenient!
Handles & Hooks:
Tucktec is designed to be easygoing. Comes with multiple handles so that it is super easy to carry and hooks will help you assemble your kayak in one easy move!
Every Tucktec comes with an adjustable footrest bar! They are made with sturdy PVC pipe, for extra support, and wrapped with foam, for added comfort and adjustability!
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH FOLDED UP?
- 28 pounds (12.7 kg).
WHAT IS THE CAPACITY?
- 300 pounds of distributed weight. The recommended maximum single passenger weight is 250 - 280 lbs (113-136 kg).
WHAT IS THE LENGTH & WIDTH ASSEMBLED?
- The length is 9 feet 8 inches (295 cm). It's 31 inches wide (78 cm).
DO THE FOLDS WEAR OUT?
- The material has been formulated to last for thousands of folds. All fold lines are reinforced.
IS IT SOME SORT OF FABRIC?
- No. It's a solid 1/8-inch thick plastic sheet. In fact, when assembled it feels and performs just like a standard hard-shell kayak.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT HITS ROCKS?
- The Tucktec Folding Kayak can take the same abuse as a standard hard-shell kayak.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO ASSEMBLE?
- The first couple of times may take you 15 minutes, but after that, anyone can get it down to 2 minutes or less.
CAN I TAKE A CHILD OR DOG WITH ME IN IT?
- Tons of folks take kids and pets along. Just be sure they sit still!
WHAT KIND OF WATER ARE THEY GOOD ON?
- Perfect for Flat-Water. Lakes, ponds, Bays, and Inlets. They are good on rivers and creeks up to class 2. They are not recommended for whitewater, beach waves, or very heavy chop.
DOES IT COME WITH THE SEAT?
- Yes. The adjustable seat is included.
DOES IT COME WITH A PADDLE?
- The basic kayak package does not include a paddle.
HOW DO YOU KEEP IT FROM LEAKING?
- There are NO open seams below the top level of the kayak. Each fold is a "Z" pattern that folds in and on itself. There is nothing to seal. It's all one single flat sheet.
Ottawa Valley Air Paddle stands behind all it's products and offers a an industry leading 45-day money back guarantee. We want you to love your paddling equipment and if it's not right for you, we will find a way to make it right. If you would like to return a product, please reference our refund policy here.